Monday, January 23, 2012

A Love for the Shirt Dress

Over the past 3 years my wardrobe has become limited to either maternity clothes followed by loose fitting with ease of access for breast feeding clothes, then onto normal loose fitting clothes for a short time before going back to maternity clothes and currently now in loose fitting ease of access for breast feeding clothes again.

During this time in my life, (with young children) as much as I tried to prevent it, my wardrobe style has completely changed and my old 'Style' of clothes have sat and waited patiently to be worn but only a couple of them have seen the light of day in the past 3 years. I like to keep them there for inspiration, I think not for loosing weight but inspiration to remind me of my true 'Style' and not to get too carried away with the easy mum wardrobe everyday which can make me forget that I actually do have a great sense of style.

Some pics from my wardrobe 



I may catch a glimpse of something that will remind me that I LOVE things with COLOUR, SPARKLE, or that are BOLD or PRETTY however now I need to add in the need for practicality, like being able to breast feed, modesty for such things as squatting down or bending over numerous times throughout the day or little hands tugging and pulling at necklines and hems etc etc...

So my wardrobe has developed to become more practical, easy to wash and wear with lots of knits but not too tight fitting, have longer hemlines, are breastfeeding friendly but still have a sense of style. My wardrobe is now a lot more classic than trend orientated but I still love to insert certain trends through one off items of clothing or accessories to jazz it up a bit.

One particular style of dress that I love is the shirt dress or any dress that has buttons at the centre front. A dress like this is a great option for a breastfeeding women who want to look/feel great, get a tailored look all while being able to breastfeed or express if the need arises, which is just impossible if wearing a shift dress.

Inspiration: Kirsten Dunst in this gorgeous navy coat dress (Image Source)

Real Life option - Sportscraft Chiarra Trench Dress (Image Source)

Below is a gorgeous Karen Walker dress - Red/Ivory button thru midi dress with belt (Image Source)
  
MY FAVORITE!! - Another Karen Walker dress in different colour option - Navy/Ivory button thru midi dress with belt (Image Source)

 Topshop - Pleat midi shirt dress in this great tangerine colour (Image Source)

 Wish - Savu Dress (Image Source)

Great Print! - Elise - Wonderland Dress (Image Source)

Zipper instead of buttons - Blue Juice - Kokomo Dress (Image Source)

Very Pretty - Jag - Floral Midi Dress (Image Source)

Clean & Crisp - Basque - Lace cut out hem dress White (Image Source)

Oh so lovely! - Leona Edmiston - Ellen Dress (Image Source)


Makes me want to go shopping!!

Brenda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment