Monday, March 26, 2012

Great looks right now at Forever New - Style Post

We are finally enjoying some cooler days after a very hot and muggy summer in Central Queensland, I for one am very happy that Autumn seems to be finally showing its lovely face. I love Autumn and Spring, cooler days and nights, the sun is usually out but not so intense, I just wish these seasons would last longer.

Now onto more important things - Fashion..I haven't done a style post in a while (sorry) so thought I better get cracking. Forever New used to be one of my favorite retailers (pre-babies) but since having my girls I found that every time I ventured into one of their stores, the hemlines seemed to get shorter and shorter.

It is well known to mums that short hemlines and small children just don't work. Even if you have great legs post baby/babies you would be kidding yourself to you think that you could get away with wearing anything too short (much above the knee) as you will be guaranteed to spend your entire day bending over picking up whatever your babies/kids have thrown on the floor, you need to clean up or constantly pick them up and put them down.....Its just not worth the risk of flashing innocent bystanders for the sake of feeling like you can still pull off a mini skirt.

As much as you may have hated to admit it, once you become a mum practicality has to come first when making fashion/style decisions. Once you come to terms with this, you can then move on and work out how to adapt your individual style to your new practical needs....I should talk about this more in another post.

Anyway back to Forever New, I was looking over their new collection and was pleasantly surprised to find many stylish and practical fashion options for mums this season. I do have a couple of dresses in the mix which I'm sure may be too short but the great thing with Autumn is that we can now wear stockings!! So grab yourself a few pairs of opaque stockings and you will be much safer wearing the shorter hemlines.

Forever New have a great colour pallet this season with navy/turquoise/tomato/cream/watermelon/cobalt/grey along with great pant styles, stylish loose jumper knits and tank tops, giving you great options for different combinations. These are all well priced too so you don't have to feel guilty about grabbing an new look for the season and spoiling yourself a little :)


















Happy Shopping!

Brenda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment